Friday, March 28, 2008

Nightbleat

Arriving in a 'black hole' again; it's probably not a coincidence that every new world I've seen starts with the dark night, enable to give me more then some clues, but stimulates thoughts and imagination. In this case, I started to fret about the work that had to be done in relation with this sensitive and perhaps even fragile environment, and how we could try to establish a kind of balance. Of course , we are not the first group of candidates that invade Dharavi, looking, mapping and asking, perhaps even pushing to receive the desired information. What effect, vision or influence would they have left on it's habitants, and how would they react on us; 'guru ' ? There is so much you want to know about their situation, but how can you get satisfied, without leaving them behind empty? Without the feeling or even fact that they also gained something? In my country, and probably in many others, we have this phrase that says; only for nothing, the sun will shine. The habitants of Dharavi will not differ when it comes to the essence of this phrase. The question will be what they will ask. Or perhaps I should start thinking what I have to offer, what I can give to them to maintain that precious balance.

No comments: